We love because God first loved us. I John 4:19 (ISV)

Friday, August 20, 2010

Sheila's Birthday! :)

Twas past midnight but I was still smiling. My heart was leaping with joy. The 24th birthday celebration of Shiela was just perfect with the presence of our DBCC co-yuppies care group, her clan of singers, and a dear friend of mine. Shiela was wearing a black, above the knee-length dress, nicely fit for her petite shape. Though I know she was missing someone special that night, yet, her happy and child-like aura remained. I think she is the most accommodating birthday celebrant. In spite of her busy preparation, she managed to pick us up to ensure we would reach her place. Indeed, a very pleasant woman!

I have been grateful to Sheila. Our friendship is something I have not expected. We were both aloof with each other before. Just a mere "hi" and "hello" when we met in the church. Maybe because she's six years younger than me and those times we saw each other I had the idea she had a "crush" to my so-called "love team" in the church. Now that we are good friends, she admitted she was also hesitant to really know me better for the same reasons. I told her that the one she once admired is just a very good friend of mine. That our church mates just teased us because of our closeness as friends. And that there is nothing romantic between us. Shiela and I have become good friends since she introduced her boyfriend (Leo) to us on one Sunday fellowship. We became more comfortable with each other as we started bonding through malling, shopping and eating (remember the 1st time we ate together at KFC? twas that time i realized we had something in common: we could hardly read from afar. . . hehe). We even became closer through our constant fellowship in the care group.

I am truly blessed how the Lord brought me closer to Shiela and to the rest of our care group, namely: Mei, Elwyn, Dada, Matet, Patrick and Teng. :) I thank the Lord for your lives! Thank you for being my brothers and my sisters in the Lord!

For Sheila's birthday, I wish her to also claim God's promise in Jeremiah 29:11. I love you, Shie!;)

No comments:

Post a Comment