We love because God first loved us. I John 4:19 (ISV)

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My Life Now

I just had one long week-end. Aside from my usual two days off from work (Saturday and Sunday), I did not report for work last Monday for it was a special non-working holiday in view of the barangay and SK elections.

I went to church last Sunday and had lunch with my care group at Times Square. It is always special for me to spend time with my friends from church. Sundays seem incomplete without eating lunch and bonding with them. The siomai from a vendor outside the church is also our favorite.

I had a movie marathon with my house mates last Saturday and Monday afternoons. The Saturday movie marathon was an "emote mode" with the Tagalog movie All My Life (not so happy-ending; the leading man died due to heart failure--good thing he married the woman he loved before he died and she was left with a child). It was also a "scream mode" with an English movie Piranha (human-killing fish). The Monday movie marathon was a "kilig mode" with the movie Reign of Assassins (the lead assassins in this movie just love each other deeply!) a "sleeping mode" (slept on the couch) with the movie Transformers.

It's been about five months now that I am already enjoying long week-ends. Looking back, I was one of the busiest persons in the world. I worked for 6 days a week, more than 8 hours a day; and I attended my masteral class once a week for 9 hours. For almost two years, idling was not in my mind. Every single day was always in a rush with the pressures with my work and my masteral study.

My life is carefree and flexible now with the luxury of time I enjoy. No more sleepless nights due to masteral papers. No more morning rush. No more chasing with time. I now have more time for afternoon naps. More time to surf the internet (e.g. FB, RareJob and Blog). More time for malling. More time for sports (did enjoy playing bowling with my church mates). More time for movie marathon and meals with house mates who used to complain I did not have time for them as I always came home late and already drained with the long day. They said, they see me now come into life again as I share child-like laughters with them.

My life is more meaningful now. My church mates express joy that they now see me regularly in the church, every Wednesday for our prayer meeting, every Friday for the Young Professional Care Group bible study, and every Sunday for the Fellowship. I also have more time now to read my bible and the Purpose Driven Life. I also have my care group and a dear friend who always encourage me to do my quiet time and grow in my love relationship with the Lord.

My life is really different now. And I just love it. I get to spend time with more important activities, church activities at that, and with significant people. . . After all, the best way to spell love is T-I-M-E (from PDL).

Thank you Lord for these blessings! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment