We love because God first loved us. I John 4:19 (ISV)

Friday, October 1, 2010

Leading My Heart

My heart has its series of ups and downs.

Sometimes, I find it difficult to really understand my heart. Its emotions are never stable. Deep inside me, I wish for my heart to remain steadfast with joy. But I think, it can never be. As seasons change, my heart also does. It's happy now, it's sad later on. It's convinced now, it's skeptical the day after.

Oftentimes, I am teaching my heart to be as "gentle as a dove but as wise as a serpent". Yet, I've realized it's painstakingly difficult. How many times my heart has been broken? Many times for some reasons. Unmet expectations. Undeserved criticisms. Failed relationships. Shattered trust. And a lot more.

On its own, my heart could go astray, especially when it is hurting too much or wanting something too badly. I am just blessed with what I learned from the movie, Fireproof. That I should not just follow my heart for it can be deceived; I should lead it.

When confused, when doubting, when hurt, my heart needs me to lead it. I should not be overwhelmed with how it is feeling. Instead, I should direct it towards the right direction. Where there is comfort and refuge. Where there is peace and joy.

And I am asking the Lord to lead me as I lead my heart. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment