We love because God first loved us. I John 4:19 (ISV)

Saturday, September 11, 2010

God's Grace Is Enough For Me

Listening to Chris Tomlin's song, Your Grace is Enough, has sparked a new hope in my heart.

". . .Remember your people. Remember you children. Remember your promise, oh God. . ."
These lines of the song are somewhat a plea with God to remember. But has He ever forgotten? Of course not. Indeed, God's grace is enough! The life alone He has given is more than enough to prove that His grace is enough.

By God's grace, I am saved. For it is by God's grace that you have been saved through faith. It is not the result of your own efforts, but God's gift, so that no one can boast about it (Ephesians 2:8-9).

By His grace, I am breathing. By His grace, I am living. By His grace I am stronger after all the trials. By His grace, I am holding on to His promises of a good future. For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plan to prosper you and not to harm you, plan to give you the future you hope for (Jeremiah 29:11).

Lord, it's all about your grace. Without your grace, I am nothing. I am just like a wave being tossed by the wind in the ocean. I am just like a flower that withers and dies. I am what I am now because of your grace. Your loving grace.

How can I express my thanksgiving, Lord?

No comments:

Post a Comment