We love because God first loved us. I John 4:19 (ISV)

Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Heart of Worship is Surrender

My life has been a little shaky lately as I am trying to let the time passes by, trying not to notice so much of what's happening. As I am learning to become less of a planner. As I am learning to be more spontaneous. As I am learning to be more trusting, not to anyone else, but to God.

I am feeling tired along the way. I am tired of trying not to notice how things unfold in my life. I am tired of trying not to figure out what lies ahead. I am tired of hoping. I am tired of waiting. I think it's the planner and the controller in me. I just want to know every step of the way. I just want to walk with a clear direction. I just want to be in control.

But no, this isn't what God wants for me. He wants me to have a heart that fully surrenders to His will. I have learned from the Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren that the heart of worship is surrender. That is to fully surrender your life to the Lord, the requirements of which are trust and obedience. That I should learn to let God be in control, not myself. Well, this is easier said than done. I have been struggling. I have been crying to God, expressing my regrets and doubts. Yet, sometimes, I feel that He seems distant with some unanswered prayers. . . Then I am reminded, it's because I don't have the heart of true worship yet.

I humbly admit that it's only by God's grace that I will be able to fully surrender to Him. In my own weaknesses, it is difficult. But I know, that in my weaknesses, God's strength will prevail, if I only trust and obey.

Lord, I entrust all my cares unto you. You know everything about me. You know my fears. You know my heart. I ask you to change my heart. I ask you to give me a heart that truly and fully surrenders to you as I put my hope in you and in your words (Jeremiah 29:11 and Ecclesiastes 3:11).

Thank you so much, Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment