We love because God first loved us. I John 4:19 (ISV)

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Only One True Love

Some close friends of mine keep on telling me to find the one for me. As they say, it is high time for me to love and be loved. I agree. It has been five years I am not in a relationship. Perhaps, they start thinking I am forgetting the need (is it really a need?) to have someone in my life. Of course not. I never forget. I just choose to wait.

I don't think I have to find him. I still believe that the one for me will come at the right time, God's perfect time. Those in my past came to my life and later on left for good reasons. Yes, I could have chosen to keep my past relationship, but for certain reasons, it slipped away from my hands, no matter how tightly I held it. It was not just meant for me. And as the time goes by, after all the tears, I have embraced acceptance, and more importantly, obedience.

Sometimes I am left wondering what really love is. I experienced loving and being loved by someone special. Yet till now, I cannot really fathom the truest meaning of love. Maybe because the ones I loved could not help but cause me pain, well, human as they are. And such pain used to break my heart. But I believe, there is such a thing as necessary pain-- the kind of pain that makes you mature, strong and hopeful of the future. The kind of future you ask from above.

A new friend recently sent me a text message that reads, "a man's love fails but God's love never fails". I am agreeable. I am always unfaithful to the Lord, yet, He remains forever faithful. God may allow some tears to flow, some misery to rest in our hearts, yet, it is just His way of pruning and molding us into better persons, pleasing to His eyes.

For me, God's love is the only one true love! He died in the cross just for us.
Ours is just an imitation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOY0mjjmx8Y

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
I Corinthians 13: 4-7,13
"Love is patient and kind; it is not jealous or conceited or proud; love is not ill-mannered or selfish or irritable; love does not keep a record of wrongs; love is not happy with evil, but is happy with the truth. Love never gives up and its faith, hope and patience never prevail. Meanwhile, these three remain: faith, hope and love; and the greatest of these is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment